The Royal Park Hotel's 2+2 café is offering a wide variety of ice cream desserts with its afternoon tea buffet for discerning customers. Here is the recipe for Orange Crêpe Suzette with Ice Cream – a variation on the classic French Crêpe Suzette.
|Ingredients (serves six)|
|Icing sugar||1 teaspoon|
|Butter||10g (at room temperature)|
|Orange peel||2 pieces|
|Ice cream||To taste|
- Mix the flour and sugar well in a blender, then stir in milk and water. Add eggs and whip into a smooth paste and set aside.
- Pour the crepe mixture into a flat-bottomed pan in portions with a little oil and fry over low heat. Remove the crêpes when both sides are brown and fold in half twice so they are triangular and set aside.
- Rinse and dry the orange peel, then grate about a teaspoon of it. Don't use the white inner layer of the peel, as this is bitter. Mix the grated peel well with butter and set aside.
- Heat the icing sugar in the frying pan at medium until it turns into a golden syrup, stir in the orange peel butter, then add the orange juice and hold over medium heat for three or four minutes.
- Dip the crêpes in the sauce mixture for about a minute until they are steeped and prepare to serve.
- Garnish with fresh fruit and almonds to taste and top with a scoop of ice cream, then cover in orange sauce and add coloured sugar sparkles and serve.
Reservations: 2694 3886 (2+2 café)
Transport: Shatin MTR station Exit A
Note: Members can get 15% off the afternoon tea buffet and Star members 20% off.